I use Plex to watch some of my movies, but I’ve always watched them from home. Because I was going on vacation, I decided to enable Plex to stream my movies over the Internet. My pfSense is release 2.3.4 and Plex is 220.127.116.1135.
My home network is behind a pfSense, so I had to create some NAT rules in the firewall to allow outside access. But first, let’s configure Plex. Open your server GUI and click on the Settings icon in the upper right corner.
In pfSense, go to Firewall then NAT from the menus. Click Add and enter the following values.
– Destination Port Range, (other) – 32400, (other) – 32400
– Redirect Target IP – 192.168.x.y (or whatever your internal IP for the Plex server is)
– Redirect Target Port – 32400
– Description – Something like Plex Remote Access
– NAT Reflection – Enable (NAT + Proxy).